Want to be part of the team revolutionizing the out-of-home(OOH) industry?
Billups is the largest independent OOH media specialist agency in the country, blending the power of a large company with the freedom of a small one.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a media planner and deliver incredible results Whether it’s traditional OOH, DOOH or experiential, you’ll be working directly with clients at the forefront of a company dedicated to changing the OOH industry.
Ambitious? Well, yes. That’s just the way we like it. We hope you do, too.
As a Billups media planer, you’ll be part of a team that’s delivering innovative planning, direction and oversight for out-of-home executions. You’ll be tasked with not just planning, but helping to create targeted, researched OOH strategies using modern tools. You’ll work directly with clients to nurture long-term relationships as their partner, helping them with strategy, planning, purchasing and sometimes pitching OOH options to their client. And as part of Billups, you’ll be on the cutting-edge of innovation as an early user of Boohma, a revolutionary planning software from our sister company Boohma Technologies.
When you get right down to it, we’re looking for someone who fits our core values. You should be inspired, collaborative, relentless, innovative, authentic and empowered. If this sounds like you, if you know the OOH industry cold and if you’re looking for a new adventure, then you might be a good fit for the Billups team.
- Demonstrates strong client service skills, including advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Fiscally responsible for client media budgets and acts as the main vendor contact
- Manages client project requests and expectations
- Ensures all plans and buys adhere to client needs, accuracy and consistency
- Seeks innovation and integration with all formats of OOH including but not limited to traditional, non traditional, experiential, digital and events
- Responsible for composing, proofing and ensuring high quality deliverables of media plans
- Works closely with all members of the team to ensure all aspects of day-to-day projects are being met
- Collaborates with production and buying teams to ensure smooth implementation of the execution of the plan
- Seeks out new opportunities to apply to client needs as well as future client needs
- Shares new ideas and opinions on industry (news, media, vehicles, etc.)
- Supports Supervisor and supports the management of day-to-day tasks and projects of Media Coordinators
- Inspires and encourages team to recommend organic opportunities within the team and accounts
- Contributes in growth of Coordinators’ knowledge and understanding of industry and trends
- Maintains strong media partner relationships and abides by media vendor communication standards
- Demonstrates outstanding in-person, oral and written communication skills
- 2-3+ years experience in media planning
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related media field
- Experience in planning across the out-of-home landscape
- Agency and/or vendor experience preferred
- Knowledge of media planning across all forms of media and industry
- Media plan development skills and fine tuning logical writing
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, relationship skills; proficient use and understanding of English language
- Excellent knowledge in all media systems and resources including MRI, Adviews, Scarborough, IMS (R/F), SRDS, Nielsen, Arbitron, Map Point and Telmar
- Mastery in advanced media math
- Understanding of media terminology and can apply it to media math
- Develops presentation presence and negotiating skills
- Independent and self-motivated, yet also team-oriented
- Must be organized with the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast moving culture
- Demonstrates core values, desired competencies and behaviors at all times
If you do not meet the media requirements and have actual experience as a media Planner or Buyer (OOH strongly preferred) with an integrated advertising background, your application will not be considered at this time.
Billups believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
billups is an EEO employer. For more information about us please visit billups.com