scrum master / technical product manager
What we are looking for:
At Billups our mission is pretty straightforward. It is to make amazing happen. This pretty much summarizes the development initiative at Billups. We are in the middle of building a solution that will transform the way companies plan and buy media. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of talented, confident and down to earth professionals.
We are looking for somebody with a strong software background (academics or experience) who does not mind getting in the thick of things to deliver software on time while meeting business initiatives. If you like user centered design, want to build cutting edge software, enjoy keeping release schedules straight, and would like to grow in your career, this is a perfect opportunity is for you.
- Skilled at coordinating the development life cycle to move the project forward.
- Keep engineering focused and unblocked by documenting decisions and actions for features that are based on a vetted roadmap, top-notch requirements, amazing prototypes and beautiful design.
- Guru who wants to track, record, link, tag, clone, clarify and improve tasks. You care about the Jira board, the swimlanes, labels, priorities and a simplified workflow.
- Embrace and facilitate the “Scrumban” process the team has in place with both slack and in-person check ins, 1:1s, milestone planning, retrospectives and effective team meetings.
- Assist the product owners in backlog grooming and the team in tshirt estimates.
- Listen, collaborate, and coordinate cross-team initiatives. When a feature is noted as confusing or a blocker you work across teams to refine the feature definition and tasks.
- Be fluid; accommodate multiple workflows and team members that moved where needed and wear many hats. Learn individual specialties and empower team to grow.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met. Communicate the state of project activities to team members and the larger team using any and all tools including JIRA reports and flow charts. Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics.
- Drive information sharing, capture and disseminate best practices including architectural diagrams and white board discussions across Engineering.
- Encourage team members and be supportive.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in software development organization. Experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way.
- Expertise on JIRA, Confluence wiki a plus.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions.
- Extremely well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
- Certified Scrum Master a plus.
billups is an EEO employer. For more information about us please visit billups.com