sr. visual designer
We are on the hunt for a visual designer with a passion for both brand and interaction design to help us build awesome ad tech applications and supporting marketing material. Your work should demonstrate simplicity, depth, empathy, and clarity. You should be comfortable functioning both independently and also collaborating closely within cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Product and Marketing. You should have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for details. Grasp and refine highly complex issues and translate them into clean, clear, comprehensible solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized are critical.
- Use creative problem solving to achieve business goals
- Be agile and ready to tackle a wide range of design tasks
- Collaborate with cross disciplined teams including writers, designers, and engineers
- Help define and implement best practices for the design team
- Stay current on usability, user centered design and related ad technologies
- Effectively communicate brand principles through clean and clear marketing material
- Present and defend designs and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Promote design culture within Billups
- Be authentic to yourself and your team
- 2-4 years proven experience in an agency or tech start-up
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design skills and highlights your thought process
- Solid understanding of user centered / interaction design principles and practices
- Strong presentation/communication skills
- Proficiency in a variety of tools including Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Slack, Asana, etc.
- Bonus points for experience working with Ad Tech platforms
- Extra bonus for video or motion experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Attention to detail
- Authenticity and honesty
- Ability to prioritize and effectively accomplish goals in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Be awesome and passionate!